View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
gotahavfaith

Vegas-
Your girlfriend could be my daughter! (haha) My AD started the suboxone program in March 08 and remained on in until Nov 08. Then had to have some dental surgery and it was downhill after that. Her doctor would not see her until all dental work was done and that was going to be a matter of months. So she also bought subs off of street but was mixing them with opiates when she could not get suboxone. Opiates much easier to get unfortunately. This time her habit was really high dosages of oxys. (or at least to me it was high dosage) She was taking 100-120 mg a DAY!!! Spent her entire tax return on them and when that ran out she had to come clean. She has been back on her suboxone for 2 weeks now and the dosage does not seem to be enough as it was the last time. Don't know if that was bcuz of mixing the 2 drugs. Her legs twitch alot and has alot of muscle cramps, that happened the last time too. If she is taking the subs on a regular basis my understanding is that you can't get high off of opiates. But let me warn you, if she is taking something like xanax, or valium along with medication, that is very dangerous to her respiratory system. I understand the trust issue and behavior, but I think we have to let that go at some point and make them be responsible. Hope this helped! Also wanted to add that my daughter now has to pay for the doctor visits, very expensive but compared to what she was spending, to me it is just a drop in the bucket. The subs are paid for by her insurance thank God.