View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lunarise
lunarlovelunar

Question Debating a party....

Well... here is my situation, would love some feedback. My father in law is having a b-day party, coming all the way from the east coast. Huzzy and I are invited of course. The party is quite a drive for us so we are/were going to make it sort of a mini vacation too. Here is the hiccup...there will be drinking at this party, not to excess Im sure but it will be there. I have already talked with my mother in law and of course I will have all the support both she and huzzy can offer, agreed to "hang with me" and not drink and of course some other options. I have been thinking and thinking about this party...will I be ok being around alcohol? I would like to be able to go and ignore it....but what I feel right now is fear. Im not sure if I fear that I will want to drink (which I havent wanted to since sober) or that I just plain am scared of alcohol now...even being around it. (Does that seem silly?) I really want to go, it would be such a fun trip and huzzy and I haven't gone away together really since I got sober. I dont know...could be I am making a big deal out of nothing?! OR Its something really important and Im not being straight enough about it? Geeeeshh OR maybe I could go on the trip and not attend the actual party? (The family really isn't into drinking so I wouldn't really have to worry much about the rest of the trip.)

Any thoughts? Please be gentle. :ghug