Thread: Em's story
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
stellaloella

I hear you, loud and clear. I hope you do try to find a support group. I tried AA on February 20th and have met some great people. I was turned off of the meeting I attended, but the people I've met have prevailed and kept contacting me, trying to help me. I have to say, I was scared of them at first but I realize I need help and I am going to another meeting tomorrow. Don't fear these meetings too much. I certainly DID; however, after I went, I was overwhelmed by the fact that EVERYONE there had been where I was, and in many cases, in worse places. These are people who understand and they really want to help. Please do yourself and your son a favor and try a meeting. I am a mother also, and I should add that it's a miracle that I am not dead of alcohol poisoning or a drunk driving accident -- who knows? All I know is that I'm alive and I know I have a problem, and I need to remedy it. I try to remind myself that if I broke a tooth out or lost my glasses, I'd fix that right away. How is treating my soul any different? Best wishes.