Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LaDita

Hey Didge,

I've been thinking about your post ever since I read it last night, about the Facebook drama in particular. It's funny because someone and I were having a discussion about this topic today.
Your situation is very common on social networking sites.
This stuff happens all the time. I've been on both sides of it.
Awhile ago I decided that it should be put into law that people who are only casually dating should NOT link up to eachother's pages on social networking sites. Too much can get misinterpreted, it's way too easy to read too much into things on people's pages and it causes alot of drama. My friend told me that social networking sites ruin relationships.
Sounds a little far-fetched, but it's very true in many cases.

I don't mean to change the topic, but I was dating a guy who had alot of female 'friends' on his page. The kind of girl's whose pictures showed alot of cleavage and stuff, you know, 'those' kinds, as well as alot of "ex's" and girl's he was 'on and off' with (which I found out much later). I learned a really big lesson from that experience, not that it's anything similar to yours.
I'm alot more cautious on those sites now and I'm very careful with what I do and say and more selective about the people I add.

If this woman can't take no for an answer, I would suggest maybe deleting her off your FB page. Staying connected on there is not worth the anguish for either of you.
It sounds like your over your head in toxic relationships and baggage from your previous ones right now, maybe it would be a good idea to step back and stay completely and totally single for awhile? I've noticed that when people have alot of baggage and issues from previous relationships, it's difficult for them to have healthy ones in the present.
Just a thought and I hope I didn't come off harsh!

Hugs!

Last edited by LaDita; 03-07-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: grammatical edit