View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
LaDita

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Random B*tch Session:

2. Long history here which I won't go into but I've been disappointed/let down YET AGAIN by the people I work for. I've worked for this guy for 2 years now and for the first year was his RIGHT HAND - I literally ran things for him and was being groomed to take everything over. Now I am lucky to work 3 hours a week. Anyway, we're expanding office space and I've been promised for a month now that they'd call me when it was time to move all our stuff so I could help. Got an email today - the move is all done, and of course no one ever called me. The explanation was that it was "not as complicated as we thought it was going to be". Yet another slap in the face. I shouldn't be surprised or hurt, but I am.
Sorry to intrude, but I'm really sorry this happened to you TSH. A similar thing happened to my cousin's wife who was the top salesperson and 'right hand man' of her company- she was laid-off out of the blue for very vague reasons.
It sounds like they have been stringing you along for some time now and have been misleading you. Maybe it's time to turn the tables and quit before they do any more damage? The way I figure it, a paycheck for just a few hours of work a week is not enough to cover the emotional pain you're being put through. If you've been this guy's right arm for the last two years, I can't see how that title alone wouldn't land you a much better and more fulfilling job. I hope that helps.