Old 03-06-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
I am thinking about going to AA to check it out if I could easily find a non Christian one.
I am sure the only way to do that is to go to different ones and I am not prepared to invest that much time in it.
I would just pick one and go. Maybe one that is close to where you live.

I found one called SOS so I gave a shout out in the AA section and found it is likely to mean either Save Our Souls or Sober On Saturday.
I am probably going to pass because if it was the former I would probably be annoyed and maybe relapse.
On on hand, I say don't give them that much power. On the other hand, I know how you feel.

I am curious Stone what doesn't work with the steps? I am getting the impression that the steps is what AA is all about.

That is the only reason I am even considering going as the social aspect of it doesn't appeal to me at all. I was a bar drinker and I couldn't stand half the people I met at the bar drunk so I doubt if I would want to socialize with the same types of people sober.
You may find someone there with whom you can relate. They also might be able to give you a heads up about different meetings. But, if you just want to learn about the Steps, I think they have a book, lol...