View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
CoF1984

Post My Lesson For Today, This Really Spoke To Me...

Proverbios 23:29-30 (29) Quien tiene el ay? Quien tiene desasosiego? Quien tiene contiendas? Quien tiene preocupacion? Quien tiene heridas sin causa? Quien tiene deslustre de ojos? (30) Los que se quedan largo tiempo con el vino, los que entran en busca de vino mezclado.
(Sorry for the Spanish...doing this from a Spanish Bible...have to do it once so I can look at it and type it correctly in English.)
English:
Proverbs 23:29-30 (29) Who has woe? Who has uneasiness? Who has contentions? Who has concern? Who has wounds for no reason? Who has dullness of eyes? (30) Those staying a long time with the wine, those coming in to search out mixed wine.

And this speaks to me, because it shows me how miserable always spending my time either drinking or looking for ways to drink. It caused me misery in so many ways, bring me woe, uneasiness, just being hurt out of nowhere and not understanding why and so forth.

I see now that without drinking in my life how much better I feel in so many ways because I'm not drinking all the time which was the chief cause of most of my misery.

I don't know if anyone else will get anything out of this or not. This in no way is meant to be offensive, so I apologize to anyone if it is. If it helps you at all that's great, if it doesn't please overlook it and please excuse me for putting it here.
Wes