View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SeaHorse
friend of bill w.

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for your responses. I only used the term 'fired' because I didn't know how else to put it. So I will rephrase that...'change' sponsor...or 'discontinue' sponsor.

Also, I knew when I wrote about the 'nicer car' thing I might be understood and called shallow. I am so not shallow. I just feel that financial responsibility is a good sign. My car is not that nice..it is a 2001 for goodness sakes...

I have to be very careful how I word things around here I've found. Mea culpa.

Thank you for the good advice though. I called someone I know in the program and I've decided to take his advice and the advice I got years ago, just not call her. When I see her at a meeting I will be my usual friendly self and if she asks me why I'm not calling her, I'll simply say 'something'...lol...but not give a lot of reasons she can shoot down..

I notice that she has not returned my call and it is midafternoon so she has probably fired ME anyways LOL!...

Last Sunday there was a snowstorm and she wanted me to go to a meeting. So I felt guilty for not going. Today is another huge snowstorm and I am so glad I can relax and not feel guilty for driving in a snowstorm....

A couple of weeks ago I drove in a blizzard to a meeting. On the way back it was me and the snowplows..and I thought..this is effing ridiculous!

Oh, and I asked my friend who has 8 years in the program..and does it the big book way...about my first step ..and he said i've already done step 1 -3 and don't need to write anything down until the fourth step. Yay!

Thanks everyone! From the most unshallow person I know! ME! I will never mention material things again!!!!! I will soar above the masses on a cloud of spirituality from henceforth..and if you don't have a sense of humor...oh well!

Have a nice Sunday!