View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rose56

Thanks Blondie, I will look today to see what Alanon meetings are in the area and make a plan for attending. Great idea.

GL, yes I have thought about what may unfold while we are there. I can definitely take the car anytime I wish while I am there, he won't give me a hard time about it, it is my car after all. If things were to get bad, and I want to come home, I would most likely take my car and leave him there at his Dad's house. I would not leave my car there. I have told him clearly how much money we have to spend, it is very unlikely that he will ask for more. If he gets angry, and seems unreasonable, I will leave the house or wherever we are, and go to the book store, or the mall.

This is more likely how the week will go: the days will be spent clowning around and going to the beach, around about 2-3pm they will start drinking beer and laughing etc. They will drink themselves silly for a few hours and go to bed. I go to bed early, and can sleep through most anything. I am very fond of his family and they have mostly been very good to me. They know what I like to do and let me do my thing, no one has ever said anything negative to me about not drinking, or reading, or going to bed early. In fact, I think they respect me for those things.

I will try to remember its my week, my time, and my job to have a great time. I will let you know.