View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ananda

It's weird....I knw alot of active alchoholics who are pretty nice people, giving caring and loving. fairly honest and hard working. Sure they can be tedeous when they are drunk....but man..hearts of gold.

Then there are the ones who are only concerned about getting what they want and are really twisted...but even they have some really good neat stuff inside that i get to see occationally.

most alchoholics don't seem any worse than other non-alchoholic human beings. Just seem like the normal mix but with an alchohol problem.

Seems like there is no real definitive personality traits for alchoholics drunk or sober that I can see...course i haven't met them all and i can't see into thier heads, lol but the ones i meet seem to have a variety of charctors an behaviors, some "good" some "bad".

I guess i pretty much like alot of the things about me even when i was drinking....and some of the things aobut me sober I don't like...in fact i have been struck lately by the fact that for me the worst things i ever did i did sober!

I guess i just feel comfortable with who i was and who i am mostly...not all though There are active alchoholics who changed my life for the better

Wow...