Thread: how to stop oxy
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jets467

Hello Scaredtostop, I went tru in Jan the same thing and I also have a business but my problem was I have a wife and kids also and my wife didn't know I was taking these (I was taking at least 160 mg oxycotin a day and a few 10/325 vicodins) , My advise in Cold Turkey , Make sure you don't have any around and truly be done with it. The withdrawals don't last that long , The 1st day being the worst , I tried tapering off but it was just dragging it out, So I just decided that when I was done with whatever I had I would stop and tell my wife I have the Flu- The 1st night of not doing them you wont sleep , Lots of sweating , The worst is the restless legs you just keep rolling around , Just keep taking hot baths (Also potassium -You can eat bananas if you cant find potassium pills and I found some restless leg pills at Rite Aid also at Walgreens) I am not sure if these will work because I went tru the 1st night without anything and after that I bought these for the 2nd night and it was better. all the nights after the 1st felt like the flu with absolutely no energy, Lots of night sweats very little sleep after the 3rd night it started getting better,Once you get addicted to this stuff you can never touch it again (I learned this from my freinds on this board- All the people that are posting also helped me-This was a fantastic support system for the whole time)- So make sure if a Doctor tries to prescribe these to you ever again say No because you will have to go tru this again, Just go tru it this once and be done with it forever- Its not worth it and you will be so much happier - I already feel I am enjoying people a lot more and more friendlier to everyone, I am also running my business much better. Just know whats to come and deal with it, It will be the best decision you made or you will destroy your life- Habits start off as cobwebs and turn into cables - You have only been doing this for 6 months so they are still cobwebs it will just get harder everyday if you dont stop now. Good Luck