Thread: how to stop oxy
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
karabear77

Hello Scared,

Do I ever know how you feel! I would like to give you some peace of mind if possible. You say you are taking 12-16 Percs a day. That is what they started me on when I first injured my back. That was 3 years ago...now I am trying to get clean off of 200 Mg of Oxycontin, 50 mcg Fentanyl patch (1 every 48 hours), and 100 mg of Norco which is a stronger version of Vicoden without all the tylenol. YOU DONT WANT TO END UP HERE~~~ And it only took me 3 years to get here. Not to mention that my DH got caught up in this mess too..tell me that doesnt cause some problems when one of us runs out early or we get greedy. He is getting ready to start the methadone clinic next Monday because it is so out of control...as for me, I am going to get my bunch needed spinal fusion and then I am done!!! I did stop taking the meds when I was where you are and I was uncomfortable for a few days, but at least you can get out at this point. We are all here for you and support you through this battle. It sucks, but remember going through detox cant kill you, but the pills can. I am in healthcare and know that when you amylace/lypase start to rise and your kidney it affected, it is only a matter of time before you are hooked up to dialysis machine waiting for a transplant. Our bodies are very resiliant and you have a chance to heal your body before it becomes an issue. Take this as a warning sign. You will be so happy you did.