Thread: how to stop oxy
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bval

Welcome to SR.com my friend. Most of us around here have been right where you are ... at one point ... or at many points ...

The good news is ... getting off of 12-15 percs a day should not be too terribly horrible. It takes about 4-5 days of feeling under the weather. This is, I'm sorry to say, entirely unavoidable. You can potentially cut down on the severity of the symptoms slightly by seeing a doctor for some comfort meds ... clonidine is real popular, my doc also gave me some neurontin ... both of which helped me cope, but they damn sure didn't put me a frame of mind where I would've been happy to go to work or take care of children or anything of that nature.

Hot baths, lots of fluids, advil, and some unisom or nyquil to sleep ... these things also help.

But the fact is, you've already made your bed, my friend. Now it's time to lie in it for a few days and take care of yourself. Whatever your reason is that you can't be 'under the weather for long', I suggest you weigh the seriousness of that obligation against the value of your LIFE.

Fear of withdrawals what keeps 99% of us addicts enslaved for so long ... and all that happens is ... we just make the situation worse by not stopping, because we're afraid to stop. Think to yourself ... WHEN is this going to end ... if not NOW?

And a +1 on the 'meetings' idea. It's a very good one. That's why I took that advice, and now have 20 months clean. And for about 3 years, I was doing what you now do in an entire day ... just to get out of bed in the morning. So ... if I can do this thing, so can you!

Again, welcome to SR.com. Keep posting, we're here for ya man.