View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ToughChoices
Yield beautiful changes

Originally Posted by LizzieBee View Post
I'm sick of living like this I need some peace. I think if I detached it would be better??? I had been attending alanon until my bedrest and this was helpful, but I still can't master detachment.
I think there are times in life when our bodies and our hearts really demand ATTACHMENT, when being close and secure and cared-for by a partner is an incredibly natural and appropriate need.

Pregnancy seems like one of those times to me.
Go easy on yourself here, LizzieBee. You're growing a kiddo - of course you want your A to be a responsible father. Of course you want him to be supportive of you while you're on bedrest.

I found it very difficult to detach when I had so many (perfectly valid) needs that weren't being met. I just lived in this world of LACK and shame and fear that it was somehow my fault for not being content.

My world is different today.

Today I would rather be without a partner than share my life with someone who is incapable of giving to me when I need it the most.

I am so sorry that you are hurting. Know that you are loved, and you are worthy of great care and tenderness.

-TC