View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tellmewhy

Oxycodone withdrawal/experience question

Hi all,

This maybe a strange post, but, what the heck. I started on Oxycontin a few months ago for back pain and then due to cost I now only take Oxycodone (4x30mg/day). Before I started I had also battled depression/anxiety for years. Not surprisingly after I started taking Oxy, I felt great from both a pain and mental standpoint. But, recently I have felt the need not to be daily dependent on this drug, like I don't want to be a slave. I don't feel as responsible and clear as before. So, I have decided to quit and I am now on day two and it is tough but I think I'll make it. I have been in contact with a friend and trying to remember that I will get better.(But how in the hell people deal with RLS and the depression amazes me!!!!).

As I read other posts, it seems that quite a few people struggle with quitting/dependence. I guess my question is, why do people want to to quit?

In fact, I keep asking myself this also...especially now :-) What is it that makes us wants to quit? What have some of you gone through that have made you say "OK, this stuff helps with my pain but I want OUT"?

As a side bar, reading advice from ya'll about dealing with detoxing has been very helpful....Thank you. I wonder why no one has mentioned drinking alcohol (maybe that would be improper due to the nature of the forum, if so, I apologize for bringing it up). Granted, I have been in no mood to drink but desperate times do call for desperate measures. Of course, I am saying this to those people that don't abuse alcohol...but would it help get us through this pain?

I am curious to hear your responses and I hope I made sense.

Thx, C