View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ElChupacabra
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
LOL Chupa... Drinking effected everything! I would say, though, that drinking was something we did together. He was pretty comfortable "taking care of me" through times when I got too too drunk and through horrible hangovers. I don't think he understands how bad my drinking was, just how much I drank after he went to bed, and how drunk I was getting. We would have sex that I didn't remember the next day and I'd pretend like I did, just gathering clues he would drop in conversation. (I'm still too embarrassed about that to talk to him about it.)

I have about 3.5 months- ok who am I kidding, I have 115 days, yes I keep track- of continuous sobriety. I was sober 2 months and relapsed in October. Basically I got sober when I moved away to get back to school in August. We have had vacations together since then but I haven't lived with him since getting sober. I don't know if he really knows me anymore.
Why haven't you lived with him? Does he actually know about the alcoholism or did he just think you were a "bit of a drinker" like him?