Old 02-19-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
allport

I am in two minds about the semantics of alcoholism, and secularity too.

I've got to admit that sometimes I find nitpicking over simple labels petty and tiresome, I also sometimes get incredibly annoyed at the inconsiderate use of language.

I spend a lot of time when Im posting trying to word my thoughts so as not to offend people, sometimes to the point where any sense of what I am trying to get across is lost.

I'm not the most articulate person in the world and having to put an escape clause, such as "this is only my opinion" or "of course this doesn't apply to everyone" in every sentence I type makes me thing its just not worth bothering.

I've been doing a lot of hard thinking lately and I hope I am becoming a bit more accepting of who I am and what I think, this means to me that for my own sanity I need to be able to express myself without fear of coming across as too militant on the atheism front.

I am militant lol and while I might get offended by strongly religous posts I have to cope with it, as far as I am aware no one has ever died from being offended.

Sorry Im rambling now but I've got so much stuff going on in my head at the moment I need to spit a bit of it out.

Slightly off topic I know!