Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
He was actually a really good counselor. I just thought he was highly motivated. LOL. Poor guy is still out there smoking rock. That's about 6 years now. yuck
Yeah, it's just that I left a job a month ago in mental health. Here I was acting like I had it together while popping open a bottle of wine first thing in the door everynight. I may have done my job ok, but I always felt like I was hiding the real me and if I was going to do the deal, I should at least be mentally healthy myself. I guess that's part of the reason I only want to take direction from mentally healthy people. I think support is great from those who have been there, done that, but if I am paying for a service, I want the best (have had too many bad experiences with both therapists and shrinks I guess)

Oh, and too, I was involved with someone who did homeless outreach in mental health. Of course I assumed anyone doing homeless outreach in mental health was a good guy. He turned out to be an abuser. He had some real issues himself and damaged me. But I digress.