Thread: Why Do I Stay?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magichappens
Dancing To My Own Beat

Re: Why Do I Stay?

Hey Lorelai,
Finding those answers was the next step in my recovery. The first was to quit blaming. Once I quit blaming people,places, and things for my problems, I started doing an inventory of my life. There are a lot of guides out there to do this. I chose a 12 step method, in conjunction with therapy. Digging into my life, and my psyche has helped me to see why I do what I do. My next step is changing those destructive behaviors that create my situations. I pray for courage and wisdom. It has been much harder to look at myself than to look at others. Acknowleging the past and taking responsibility for the present has begun to give me a new freedom. For years I felt driven, not knowing by what, to seek certain people and situations. Now I know why. It was like lansing an infected wound so it could heal. I was really afraid to know the answers to the questions you are asking. It took a long time for me to begin really searching. Many people feel that if they just leave they will get away from the problem, and in many cases they may need to leave. But without taking a look at why they were there in the first place they are likely to repeat the same thing again.

Good luck in your search for these answers. Hugs, Magic