View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kj3880

I recently dated one of these Mamas'-boy princes. He quit his job the week after we first went out "looking for something better." The whole month and a half we dated, he "job-searched." Several times, he'd run out of money and ask me for some, but thank goodness I knew better.

Once he even threatened to "go out and break the law" if he had to for money. His mother used to always crack under the pressure and give him money when he would say that. He was always trying to get me to be more involved with him, let him move in, etc, but I wouldn't go for it, as I was in recovery and starting to get a better sense of self-esteem. I began trying to figure out how to break it off without a lot of repercussions, as I've had a couple of stalkers in my past, and he was showing all the signs of it.

I have had a hard time getting him out of my life. He wasn't used to being told no and he made that clear. Once he said "I have a bad temper, and I will lose it if you do me wrong. I'm not responsible for what I might do. So you better be careful." Eventually, though, I gathered up all my nerve and told him to stop coming over to my house. He agreed, though it took several uncomfortable hours to let him talk his way to "closure."

When I left for work the next day, I was relieved to be out of it. I travelled to a convention that night. My adult daughter called from my home to tell me that this man had actually come back to my home, made himself a sandwich, and was hanging out in my bedroom! Talk about dope-fiend behavior! I then told him over the phone in no uncertain terms that if he did not leave I would have him arrested. I also explained that if he returned without an invitation, I would have him arrested. He left without incident, thankfully, he is on parole and didn't want to do 3 years for a violation like this.

I thought that would be the end of it, but it wasn't. He continued to call me and ask me out for dinner almost every other day or so. I couldn't understand this. I was never encouraging, never said maybe or yes, always "No, it's not a good idea." I never explained or allowed him to talk long, always cut him off politely and made it clear I wasn't going to go. This went on for about 2 months, until last week, when he asked me "Are you ever going to let me take you out for dinner? After all, I ate at your house many times and I just want to pay you back." I explained the best way to pay me back would be by letting me be alone. Hopefully, that will be the last time I hear from him, but I doubt it.

I'm not dating now, as my picker is obviously broken!

Anyway, I kinda got off topic, here. Thanks for letting me vent!

KJ