View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Keep us posted, Katie.

I should clarify: this place/method didn't come up as a suggestion of some place for me to go. My hub just heard about it (not sure how) and it intrigued him because of their thoughts on 12-step programs. He's a pharmacist and I haven't even gotten his opinion on the use of medications in recovery; I don't think I'd like that very much. I also don't think I personally need it. I'm really glad the meds are available for people who need them and benefit from them, but I'm not in that group.

As a side note, I finally got my info from SOS today in the mail. It's a 2-sided pamphlet that doesn't really say anything except what's already on their website (which I had to go through to request the info - LOL). But it did include a list of "local" names and email addresses. I'm not sure if these are people who HAVE started a group or who WANT to start a group or what... I guess I'll email one of them and find out. Hope they're still intersted in SOS since there's no telling how long ago they put their names out there!
Oh, how interesting your husband is a pharmacist. I do hope that SOS list yields results for you. What about SMART in your area? LifeRing maybe? I think the world of LR.