View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jaguarpcb
Getting better every day!

Silkspin,

I agree with dothi, he was trying to get you to give him permission and make his drinking your responsibility. My RAH used to do this, he'd almost always look to me for how many was OK, especially if we were out. It's not my place to tell him if it's OK to drink or not, he can decide for himself and I'll decide what to do with myself based on the situation as it unfolds. It was always just a way to make me painfully obvious of my own desire to control his behavior anyway, I don't think he was ever sincerely asking if I thought it was OK or not, because there were times he wouldn't ask and he'd either drink a little or a lot with no concern for my feelings on it. It's one of the games I've decided I'll not play if he doesn't stay sober.

I only hope that if the situation ever presents itself I'll feel stronger about it than right now, lol, cuz right now I think I'd either act like it was all OK and just be devastated inside or cause a big scene about it. Guess I need to work on detaching more.

:ghug3