Thread: Crack lung?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dotcom

Crack lung?

i was looking for "crystalized lung" from meth, but have only found this about "crack lung" on a site re stimulants. basically the site talked about both crack and meth and this is the closest ive come to "finding anything". recently i found i had pneumonia and prior to that i developed asthma (post meth use). guys, if i die that would really suck. i dont think my dr is taking me serious when i say, "i used methamphetamine and smoked cigs". not that he is not taking me seriously, but what if i have this undetectable thing that he just brushes off as bronchitis/pneumonia. this is very depressing. mostly depressing because im still not well and probably (hopefully) this is not what is wrong, but i need to know! i have recently been sad (i will deny i am depressed till im blue in the face, but i think its going to come down to that) and some paranoia has stuck with me. the anxiety is almost nonexistant at times. guys, help. i also read it can take 6 months to recover from one use of snorting meth... needless to say i have used more than that in other methods. i thought i would be ok guys. i thought i would heal up! now im looking at a cool future and dont even want to get out of bed to see it. i probably wont have that future anyway. and i dont even want to discuss my heart. i thought some excersize and vitamins and not smoking cigs would heal that up. i dont care to use anymore. 15 and a half months later and i feel 87 years old with probably no more life span. is that exaggerating!? or is it? either i totally lose my marbles by age 35 or my lungs give out followed by my heart by age 36. well f*** it, ive still got 15-16 years left. so, someone please tell me i am not going to die so i can get on with life. it would be much appreciated.

"Tracheobronchitis with cough is a frequent accompaniment of crack smoking, as are lobar and nonlobar pneumonias. Bronchospasm is another complaint of these smokers, usually in clients with a history of asthma (Schrank, 1993). Crack lung is a new syndrome that manifests with symptoms of pneumonia--severe chest pains and breathing problems with high fever--but no substantiating lung X-ray evidence. The condition does not respond to standard treatment, although anti-inflammatory drugs may relieve symptoms. Clients with crack lung may suffer from oxygen starvation or loss of blood with potentially fatal results (Gold, 1997)."