View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Margareta

Big mistake... I wasn´t ready!

Hello everybody!

I love my AH husband but now I know what I want and that is finish my marriage with him because I know he doesn´ t want to stop drinking and I don´t want to live with that problem.

So without a previous plan I just told him 2 days ago that we should separate. He didn ´t really expect that because we hadn´t had any arguments and he hadn´t drunk in 7 days.

So he told me how selfish I am to want to leave him when he has this disease. He said he would never do that to me if I was ill. He also said that the reason because I do that is because I had a sheltered life. He is convinced that I had the best life ever (which is not true because like everybody I had problems) unlike him. He says that I shouldn´t complain because “even though he drinks he thinks my life is good”, he is not an aggressive alcoholic, he just drinks every 10 days locked in his room and it doesn´t make me any harm.

He said all that but he also said that he is ok with the separation. But after that conversation I felt so bad and changed my mind and asked him to forgive me… how stupid I am … He made me feel guilty. So I am back to the same old point I made the same mistake … I really wasn´t ready. He made me feel like an evil wife.

Do you have any opinions about this situation? Thank you so much for taking the time to read.