View Single Post
Old 08-10-2001, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LUSH2LAVISH

Unhappy watching him die

hi, i have a friend i met in treatment about a year ago.in the year since treatment we have both gone out,usually when we're together.the difference between us is i have'nt given up.will never give up however long it takes to finally get it.today i have83 days. my friend on the other hand has been to another 28 day treatment and been hospitalized three times in the last four months.the doc says he will die if he continues to drink. i have tried to help him but realize i cannot because he refuses to help himself.i no longer take his drunken phone calls,but am constantly worried about him.i check my messages frequently just to see if he's still alive.when he does'nt call i call him to see if he answers,just to see if he's alive.am i being codependent??my real fear is that he will die and i will wonder if there was something i could have done that i did'nt do,and could i live with that.this is taking it's toll on my own program of recovery.in reality is there anything i can do through the AA or medical community?worrying about him is affectin my mental wellbeing. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much,L2L