Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

I did lots of things whilst drinking that i would not do in sobriety. One thing i remember when i was 21 was that knives were all the rage and i had just got my hands on a stiletto which i was so proud of, now i have never been a fighter although i am big at all. We were on the beach and i was hanging round with this piece of crap who did fight and he started on some guys on the beach my reaction was to pull my knife out and hold it out and threaten the guy nearest to me. If the guy had not backed off and had come running at me, i may have stabbed him without thinking, that guy may have died and i would have ended up doing a 10 stretch. I know this is a long time ago but i cant see me ever doing this when i am sober?!

Just one example, of course i slept with people i did not want to, done things i did not want to, said things i did not want...all more than i care to remember...

I do agree we are responsible for our actions whether drunk or sober, you know the thing that makes me the saddest, really sad is the person that i was during the day because of the drinking, the nasty, negative person that is not me and i don't want to be him anymore.