View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rebecca4

God I made so many mistakes when I was younger.
However I think one of the defining things was that I did not have open, non judgemental communication with my parents.
Instead of talking about things and issues, my parents did not want to know. I got no wordly advice from them, just don't do it or your grounded. Added to that the pressure from older boys I did not know where to turn.

I remember one boyfriend pestering me to sleep with him (I was 15). When I asked about contraception he said we are catholic, you know we don't agree with it. It was only years later (I was 28 and it was two in the morning) that I thought hang on what do catholics think of sex outside marriage?!!!!
One thing that makes me so mad is that older boys and younger girls often get to together and there are so many horrible diseases you can catch. If you catch herpes then that can blight your life forever never mind HIV and the stigma is horrendous.

I suppose I just wish that when I was that age, I wish I could have confided in someone who would have never judged and offered common sense down to earth advice. Like for example, mate if you get herpes no-one is ever going to want to sleep with you!!

I could never dcide if I wanted to hang around with the good girls or bad girls at school and sort of mingled.

Howver now, I am so glad I studied hard with the god girls ( and boys lol). I have a better job than the bad girls, a nicer car, probably nicer shoes!!!!.

What did your daughter go to rehab for by the way?

I wish you luck.

B
xxxxx