Old 01-09-2002, 06:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sssalas
Paused

Dear Molly Sorry!!!! I foregot where this post was!!!!!! Thank you for your responce to my note!!!!! Excellent !!!!! You have done your homework and that is good!!!! Beacuse there are so many types of "alcoholics" ranging from social drinkers to hard core ones with severe problems, I feel its important for you to find out what kind of alcoholic he is. If you find out he's a week-end 1 or 2 beers drinker while using coke that is 95% cut, then hey go for it. But if you find out he's hard core, then that is a whole other ball game. In which I would suggest going to an alenon meeting, there you will see first hand the faces of despair, helplessness and confusion, that many with active alcoholic hosbands/wives go through and live with every day. I also hate to be the one to break it to you but the alcoholic/druggies Ive been involved with since 1977 have all had a problem with lieing, sober or drunk. I don't know if thats the norm, but if I was you Id double check some of the things he tells you. And to be really safe Id check out his record, cause alot of folks end up in AA court appointed, and not initially there to get sober. And if his reason for geting clean and sober is beacause of a court ruling, Id want to know why, domestic violence? Rape? Or what? These things Ive mentioned cross all socio economic berriors as far as I understand, and please don't missunderstand me I dont want to discourage you, but rather to inform you of the knowage that Ive aquired over the years, which is but limited to one life. You have a big heart, to even wana be with an alcoholic/drugies and I comend you on that !!!!. And Good Luck !!!!!