Thread: Heroin
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
outtolunch

My daughter would never let her cell out of her possession. Had she, I woud have, at the time, been right on it, snooping away. I did however, see some of the bills and saw she was racking up serious hundreds of texts a day.

Lots of my daughter's dope buds were absolutely filthy. When she finanlly returned home at the end of her run, she was indeed filthy and only had the clothes on her back., not even a change of underwear.

On the last night before she went off to rehab, she and her dope bud had been picked up by the Police. He was charged with posession. She went in heart attack mode ( age 19) and they transported her to a hospital, who called us ( or anyone who might be inclined to pay). She had been doing 'speedballs" that day, a combo of cocaine and heroin. Most heroin users are polysubstance abusers, meaning they will do any drug, any time.

Heroin can be smoked, snorted or injected. My sense is that there are a lot more heroin addicts who smoke and sniff, than inject. There is also poppy tea which is brewed from legal pods of particular varieties.

I could have lived my whole life, just fine, without knowing any of this.