View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

Hi y'all.

Well, hubby went to an Al-Anon meeting last night. For those of you who haven't heard this before, he's been VERY vocal in the past that he had no interest in going because of the 12 steps and the religious overtones. HE was the one who originally brought up going, then when I said I thought it was a good idea and would help him, he backed off and started criticizing it (without even really know what he was talking about). So, while I was encouraged that he was going, I was scared that he already had his mind made up to hate it and wouldn't give it a fair shot. He actually wound up going to the Al-Anon meeting that is part of/associated with the same AA group I used to go to.

Long story short, he didn't love it but didn't hate it and says he will go back. He said the people were VERY friendly and welcoming. He also mentioned that the one thing he got out of it more than anything else last night was a sense that he was very fortunate because what he was going through was nowhere near as bad as what the rest of the people there seem to be going through. It made him feel grateful that things for us didn't get as bad as they apparently could have.

This is all a good thing, right?