View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Ananda

Sparkey...i actually find this to be a very critical part of what i have to face as an atheist in a society that believes in an "after" life....i won't bore you with details and suspect they aren't important...but has really lead to my understanding of time as a human construct...to organize data...and this moment is every moment and every moment dies at its birth...

Sorry writing this for me really

But I have had to face the immenance of death (sorry for spelling errors) a number of times in my family as of the 5 immediate members, I am the only one who has not had cancer that should kill them.

My father died 3 years ago. He had lung cancer, diagonised in February a week after my brother was diagnoised wtih bad prostrate cancer. They were in the hospital at the same time for surgeries. Dad was getting ready for chemo and died from a side effect of a medicne he had recieved in surgery. It was all very sudden in a way..not car wreck sudden. I was in detox when he died and drank for several more years. When i was in treatment (and that time it took) my other brother (not the prostrate one) who we call braintumor brother as he had a braintumor and "should" have died 25 years ago ... walking miricale..had a major stroke.

There are many great writings on the human condition, impermancy and the value it adds to the human existance. And I do believe that stuff...it is my "faith" not some afterlife or rewards or rebirths.

I can't think of a more important thing to consider in our lives than birth/life and death...

Anyways sorry to rant..saw an opportunity to think and took it

(hug) hope all is going well at this point for you.