Old 09-09-2001, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Faith
Paused

Unhappy Now I'm Feeling Very Confused.............

I feel like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.This is a off shot of my last topic.First I want to thank both of you for your response to me.I know that everyones circumstances are different and I also know that each of us can agree to disagree.My parents allowed my brother to live at home and they never knew if after work he'd make it back alive.Well on Sept the first of 1988 he never made it home.He died that night because he was trying to take a short cut by crossing the freeway and was hit by a car.Words alone cannot express the horror of finding out my brother had died and after that happened all of our lives changed.To this day I have not been able to make peace with that tragedy.The person who hit him had also been drinking,Both he and his passenger came out of it without a scratch,luck was on their side.Now here I am years later and going through all the worry and heartache that my parents went through.So which is it? Continue to watch him destroy himself by allowing him to get drunk,not hold down a job because we are making it so easy for him to keep going on with his life this way,Or tell him its time for him to leave and start taking responsibilty for his own life.I will continue to love him no matter what but When is enough enough?