View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Taking5

I went to one 10+ years ago in CA. You don't have to say anything. It was like a college class (in fact they held it in a college auditorium) there was probably 200 people in the room.

They had a few speakers telling about what MADD is, one AA dude that actually had killed someone and already did his time, and a CHP officer talking about having to inform family members that their loved one was killed by a drunk driver. It took 2 hours in all.

They also really tried to make a $20 donation a part of the deal, but it was a scam. I was in line to get my court paper signed and I asked if the $20 was required to get my paper signed. They were like "we need to pay for this". ******* that I was I replied "of course you do, I assume some of my $2500 fine to the state pays for that, so why an extra $20?". She just snatched my card and signed it.

It sucked but it was the price of a DUI.

I found AA 7 years later on my own. Today I realize it was only by the grace of God that I never killed anybody, or myself, during those crazy drinking days.