View Single Post
Old 11-14-2001, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bluesky

mindaybadger - Like you my mate is an alcoholic. After yet another bad scene, I packed my things to leave and I was left with enormous feelings of loss and confusion. And once again he convinced me he would stop and to please stay. Yesterday he attended his first AA meeting and has made his firm commitment that to me to stop drinking. He's relapsed in the past which leaves me distrustful and I am now struggling with whether staying was the right move. I am very angry and he assumes I will embrace him for these recent efforts. Right now I find affection almost impossible as a result of the past three years's actions (many describe in these postings) and living together day to day is least than ideal. As a last ditch effort we've agreed to stay together theough holidays and reevaluate in Jan on his progress, both knowing the score. But I still struggle with whether supporting his (hopeful) sobriety and fear of relapse) is something that I want to have to constantly worry about long term. I don't know the answer but because he is an exceptional man when not drinking, I'll try for now and take this proving period day to day.