Old 02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Anything goes secular spirituality thread

Wow...does that make any sense? Secular spirituality? I don't know... ANYWAYS...

Here it is: a place to speak about what spirituality means to you, if anything at all.

This can be in regards to recovery or day to day living.

Sometimes when I hear or see the word "spirit" I view it in a religious context. Other times it reminds me of a cheer: "We've got spirit, yes we do! We've got spirit...how ‘bout you?"

…anywho…

I used to be a Christian (if I have to go by a label now, I'll say I'm an agnostic atheist), and I was spiritual as a Christian, so I do have experience with spirituality (at least within the context of my experience of Christianity…and it is very difficult to explain what it felt like).

At the time, I believed it came from my belief in the divine--now, I think that it came from my mind....but what an amazing thing the mind is! There is a ton we don't know about the human brain...

Now.....I don't have the door completely shut to the possibility of spirituality--that’s the reason I started this thread. There are people here who are spiritual but DON'T believe in a personal god. I’m very interested in reading what these folks have to say, but everyone is welcome to comment, of course.

Have at it!