Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
carl11
trying to get it..

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Thank you guys. I'm a nervous wreck right now because I'm not sure I even have insurance now. If I don't AH has to leave rehab, also they're telling me that insurance was discontinued as of 11-30-08. WTF???? Which means that ds's eye surgery in december wouldn't be covered. I cannot afford to pay that. I paid the Cobra when I got the bill. In reality AH has paid NONE of his bills and I knew NOTHING about any of this. His very stupid MOM had a letter in there STATING that as of 1-20-09 Cobra was discontinued/terminated ie. no insurance. AH has been out of his mind for the last 2 weeks. His mom's been opening his mail and NOT EVEN TELLING ME ABOUT THE INSURANCE THAT *I* have been paying - not only for AH but for ds. I could strangle her right now for being so stupid. Forget about the dam@ cc bill that's late, this is OUR FAMILY'S INSURANCE! Ultimately it's Ah's fault, but wouldn't someone with any kind of brain at least let me KNOW this??

Apparantly the rehab has an authorization # where insurance approved the rehab initially. But when the nurse called today there was a problem. I have a call into AH about what he's found out, but I am beside myself here. I cannot pay for ds's eye surgery and certainly can't afford a $50k rehab for AH.

Callie…you need to think of what’s at stake here? U said earlier that the marriage was over either way. So, I guess I am having a hard time understanding why you are letting your self be manipulated and getting frantic.
His mom, him, look no matter what as others have said if HE does not want to be well he won’t, if he stays great, if he doesn’t you are out of there I take it ? So either way, you appear to have the choice made already and as the outcome is and always was out of your hands….well?

You need to start planning and working on you, what you will do, what you need to do what you kids need.

I didn’t realize till much later into my sobriety how I manipulated the people that loved me most.