Old 02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Callie

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
The one thing I truly do wish for you Callie is that you never ever experience a child in active addiction.

I used to be the worst critic of other parents who had kids in active addiction.

The painful eye-opener for me to why they did what they did was finally to experience an addicted child of my own.
Freedom, I think you'd have to run me over dead before I'd EVER provide drugs for and lie for my addicted child when their recovery and LIFE was at stake. I know first hand that it's all easier said than done and if I were in this or that sitch I'd have done this or that. But to LIE and PROVIDE DRUGS for your AS? Would you really have done that? I may be treading on dangerous ground as far as my credibility here, but no way in he(( would I have done what she did.

No hard feelings here, but nobody can convince me otherwise about her part in this. Thanks for listening guys.
I don't know - I have kids of my own and I fiercely PROTECT them from this, not put it right in their lap and do everything but shoot it in their arm I'd probably just better end this thread, because my AH did use under my nose, but at least he lied about it well enough that I believed it. (my own stupidity). She flat out said "I know what you're doing, or I can't tell him no or I don't want to see him sick." She didn't believe it, but still provided for him, lied about it. Meanwhile her 38 year old son was arrested in walmart attacking a bag of lays potato chips with a plastic baseball bat.

Really, if there is anything negative that people have to say, just skip over this thread. I will NOT back down in the fact that his own mother was completely wrong and chose to look the other way. She's failed HIM, his sister and myself continuously throughout the years. You're just getting a piece of what she's done in the name of motherhood and "love" for her kids.