Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Callie

Please say a prayer that insurance goes through for AH's rehab. He'll have to leave if it doesn't.

Also, I have to get this off my chest ... vent follows...
I'd found out via AH that his MOM has been funding his heroin habit basically the whole time. She swore she wasn't giving him $, but she was and borrowed $ from her family for him as well. I'd asked AH the other day when he called from rehab where he was getting the $. He said "Callie, mom did everything but stick the needle in my arm." He wasn't saying it hatefully, but said it. He doesn't remember the Walmart incident or much of anything from the last 2 weeks. Apparantly when he was @ his mom's he was out of it most of the time and she never said a word about him being so out of it. He was NEVER this way around me. She'd come home from work, he'd be sick, he'd ask her for $, she'd say "I know what you're doing", she'd give him $ he'd go get his stuff.

Of course you guys KNOW that I can't leave that one go. I call his mom and told her that I knew the truth, thought that was pathetic, asked her what kind of mother would knowingly do this etc. She said well I love him, I said that's not love. She said well I didn't want him sick (WTF???) I said sick is a good thing, it means he's getting WELL! I said love is chicken noodle soup, a warm blanket and words of encouragement. NOT funding a heroin habit. She hung up on me. I know it won't make a bit of difference with her, but I feel better getting it off of my chest. She's been giving him $ and taking it from her dd because she can't pay her bills. How pathetic is that.

I know, I know I needed to just "let it go". I can now, but not without telling her off first. Please, if you could just say a prayer that our insurance goes through I would be very grateful.