View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

None of your responses were harsh to me. I can take it. And I really want to see what your opinions and approaches are.
Not out of contest. But out of curiosity.

When I said setting up. I dont mean by calling the police when they should be called. I mean by planting things on them. Making a situation when there isnt one kinda thing.
I know if my grams would have let me sit in jail the first or second even the 10th time. I would have gotten the picture alot faster too.
Also if she wouldnt have given me money when I had dealers threatening me if I didnt pay them. Things like that I think she should have removed herself.
But what I am talking about is how do some people just walk away and just be like forget about them. Whatever happens ...happens.
I havent seen it alot. I am just referring to a rare few posts I have seen here over the 2 yrs I have been here.
I dont think I could have handles my grams just completely washing her hands of me forever. Its hard to explain.
I often thought I was too much of a burden on my grams and 2 yrs ago came very close to killing myself. That hurt her more than anything I had ever done in my addiction.
I remember being a teen and seeing my ex's mother just put him out in the street and not care. I never understood that. He wasnt an addict. He did get in trouble. But I mean it was just normal teenage BS.
I dont know.
I do hae to say I read a thread here a few weeks ago where the OP was talking about how their addict was doing good and was doing something nice for that person and they had misplaced something and a joke was made out of it. And turned out to be a simple misplacement of the object and everyone was thinking it was funny and crackin jokes of their own experiences.
That kinda hurt to read. I felt bad for that OP's addict. I felt embarrassed for them.
Here this person is doing good and trying to do something special for this person and they turn a little thing into a joke. It made me feel like sometimes we can never live down our wrongs without somebody thinking the worst. And to laugh at them on top of it. I was ashamed for that poster. It did make me very sad.
I am noone to judge. But I am very passionate about redemption. I have done some pretty nasty things in my 14 yrs of addiction. But I really am a good person with all the best intentions. I was lost for a very long time and regret everything I have ever done to everyone in my path of destruction. And if someone I care about were to make a joke out of an attempt to do something good with a tiny blunder. It would rip my heart out.
I think I will stop there. I dont want to make a big deal out of nothing.
I was just curious as to what you guys go through. I could ever imagine what its like to watch someone you love destroy themselves in such a way and know you cant do anything about it. I have nothing but respect for all of you to deal with people like us addicts.
And to the ones who never stop believeing. Set those bounderies and take care of you first. But please..Never give up hope that someday they will make it. And never stop loving them. You can still show love and concern without jeopardising yourseles.
Sometimes the thought of knowing people havent given up on you is all we have sometimes. Even if we dont act like it. '
Thx for the responses all. I like to hear the other side. I want to understand more.