Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nogard
everything is already ok

You know I don't find meetings hip or cool. I went to at least one meeting a day for the first year of my recovery.

Day after Day I sat in communit halls, library meeting rooms and and dusty draft church halls with people I woudl never have met or had anything to say to in other circumstances, but they saved my life, no they gave me a life, there love, honesty and wisdom, they held me for mnay months whiel I found my feet. I still go back to those early meetings just to see those faces taht i now realise I have so much in common and I count many of them as friends.

These days I don't go to a meeting every day but I love meetings, I go to listen, I go to meet friends, I go to hold my hand out and I go to share my experience strength and hope if I am aksed to.

One of the biggest buzzes I have had is to welcome someone when they first arrive, they won't look me in the eye and only mutter. I see them a week later and they glance up have a spring in there step and they smile. Three months later I see them sharing in a meeting and there is a new light in their eyes, they are so alive. I love that.