Old 02-23-2002, 05:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
in the dumps

Smoke Thanks for your replies

I have been working on my own program to the best that I can.

My wife went to her first anon meeting last night and she enjoyed it. She plans to keep goin. There are 3 meetings a week that work for her.

To tell the truth I kind of have a new problem now. As soon as her meeting was over she came running to my room to see if my meeting was done. It seems that her new found support is stepping in the way of mine.

I suppose I should talk to her and tell her that part of my recovery is to talk to people from my meeting afterwards and I would appreciate it if she would stay late after her meeting and talk to her people. I think this would be in the best interest for both of us. It does not sound like she is interested in me coming to her meeting but that's OK -- I don't have much interest in going to hers anyway. She said that she would like to continue coming to open meetings with me for the Alcoholic.
I have talked to her and drew the line that I would only like her to come to one a week. This is OK for both of us. I still need to work my program and dont want either one of us to interfere with each others programs.

The good thing is that we will be following all of the same steps but in different places. I'm sure that this will help us both tremendously.

I should mention the best point. Last night, after we got home we had a long discussion about what went on. Of course we do keep the anaminity while we talk. Don't even talk about other people. This will be good for us. We mainly talked about the topics or steps discussed in our meetings. After all we are following the same steps. Last night we had the best talk with each other that we've had in a long time.

I can see very good things happening to our relationship in the very near future.
It seems like last night, first night we both went to seperate meetings that things have improved in our relationship litterally over a few hours. Of course this is just the beginning of a long journey for both of us. We are taking the same journey, just with 2 different groups of people.

in the dumps -- things looking up