Old 02-20-2002, 10:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CherylG
Paused

Sorry to take so long to respond, but kept waiting for someone else to go first. I lived with my A for 24 years. He supposedly sought treatment twice through rehab. Neither time his own choice. Still drinking and drugging to this day. Someday hopefully it will be his choice. On the second time in rehab it was suggested that I seek counseling. I had the kids in counseling but kept telling him that it was his problem not mine. Finally went to Al-anon seeking answers. This was after I decided to change everything by changing me. As with all programs it HAS to be her choice just as it was yours to seek help. (Congrats and stick with it) The only one you can change is you. If she starts to feel left out by your attending meetings and sees the change the program has made in you THEN suggest she go to an Al-anon group. You can only live you life as an example to others, you can only change you. You may want to suggest she read some of the posts here. Sometimes we anoners feel sooo alone that it takes a while to learn to live for ourselves again.