Thread: I need to vent
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 12:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
sfgirl

Bamboozle without prying too much what exactly are your heart problems? Is this an ongoing thing? Or a new thing?

I am just wondering because you said it was palpitations and then you mention anxiety. I had horrible panic attacks every day for six months around ten years ago. And so often I thought something was wrong with my heart. Anxiety/panic gives you palpitations, it also constricts your chest muscles, can make your breathing short, etc. It also makes your mind race so often you are racing over all these symptoms. This is why so often people end up in the emergency room thinking that they are having a heart attack and it ends up being a panic attack. I had these every day and even after months I still would think I was having a heart attack and I was 18. It was the worst thing in the world!!! But generalized anxiety can give these symptoms too so I think that however it goes at the cardiologist that you should also def try and get the anxiety/depression treated and realize that mental illness can definitely physically manifest, sometimes even more powerfully. I feel like I am the master of that. And it really is amazing what getting the right meds can do— I mean it was like a god send when finally I got on the right amount of zoloft and poof no more panic attacks.