Thread: I need to vent
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I put this in another thread, but I wanted to put it here as well:

Wow...two days later, and FINALLY my reasoning kicks in.

It was hard to hear from him that I'm lazy, that I don't want to work hard to move on...I believed him.

It occurred to me in the shower...

...I'm not just trying to stay sober...

...I'm trying to renovate my life.

It's more than just about being sober...I'm going to have to address my food issues AND I'm going to have to take care of my mental health.

I need to do these things to be stable enough to become self-sufficient so I can move on to find happiness and peace….I want life satisfaction.

I can only tackle one issue at a time...and I have to crawl before I can run.

I am making positive changes in my life and it’s ludicrous to expect that everything will change overnight. I know this, but my father doesn’t………..so who cares what he thinks. I’m going to keep on keeping on at a pace I can handle by taking care of these things one at a time. He opens his mouth with his criticism…I will walk away.

Thank you everyone for being here. SR and the people of SR are my rock.
Very good thinking. I know how tough it is to live with anxiety and depression and try to do this sobriety thing. At times it is absolutely daunting. I wish you luck on your Dr appt next week. Maybe very well be anxiety as that does mimic heart issues.

Curious - have you checked into any kind of Medicaid? Might not be a bad idea, depending on your circumstances.