Thread: Day 30
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeinMilwaukee
I believe I can do this

Day 30

I am extremely grateful to be saying that today is day 30 for me. It feels monumental to me, but I know it is only the first step in a very long road. I'm exercising again and eating healthy. I'm also reading more and watching television less. I'm taking part in life and not watching it zoom by.

This weekend I'm going to a reunion, and I am very nervous about it. This will be a much bigger test than going to a restaurant or making it through the weekend. I have never gone to a huge family gathering and not drank alcohol. I guess none of us can really tell the future. Today I am as happy as I've been in a very, very long time. The people who have cared enough to read my posts and let me call them my friend have helped to give me the strength to put down the bottle for an entire month. Reading people's stories and learning what they have gone through and how they have found sobriety has moved me immensely. Finding SR really kicked off my belief that I could have my life back. I want to stay sober. Please keep me in your prayers everyone. This is my biggest hurdle yet.