SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - What if anything "good" came out of your addiction
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Impurrfect
Community Greeter

I was always a compassionate person, but thanks to my addiction and SR (especially the friends/family forum), I am even more compassionate. I cannot look at an addict, today, without thinking of the family members I know who are struggling, just as much as the addict.

I am stronger today. Like ((Trish)), I lived in a pretty rough area when I was using. I was beaten up, strangled. I chose to be homeless. I could have come home, at any time, but I had to be clean, and I didn't want to, at that time. I survived jail, and a diversion center. I went from a career making $40/hour, to now waiting tables for $3/hour plus tips.

In the past, I would have been sitting around, having a big ole pity party. Today, I feel rich with blessings. I wouldn't feel this way if it weren't for what I've been through. I had to lose my comfy little lifestyle, to learn what really matters in life and what to be grateful for.

Good post, ((Trish))!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

"You got what it takes you can win, today is your day to begin. - Shania Twain

(Tinker, Elvis [RIP], Patches [RIP] and Mots - Mouth Of The South)
Impurrfect is offline   Reply With Quote