Thread: Fear of Success
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
escape artist

i recently thought of that too but about my dad. it seems he did everything he could to try to prevent me from achieving any kind of personal success and then would whine about how all his children are losers!!!!! So now I can see something about his super large alcoholic ego was unable to separate/distinguish from his kids. as though we were extensions of him and so we had to do it his way...and anything other that his way he would show no support whatsoever. funny though now that he has gotten into the same vocation, it is ok for me to be doing it "with his blessings" even though he is more like competing now instead. makes me kind of mad of what i have lost because i knuckled under to him and didn't do it my way even if that meant sleeping in my car!

But i have understanding now, that i did the best i could with what i had, and it is fairly difficult when your "family" is really not much of any kind of support system for you. they were more like let's pull the rug out from under you whenever we feel like it.