View Single Post
Old 11-14-2001, 01:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Brownsugar

Dear Skeptical, I want you to know that you can cry beg, plead or whatecer, until he makes up his mind to change, there is nothing that will be right for him. I know, I've been there. My husband used drugs and drank for the whole 14 years of our marriage, he never was physically abusive, and sometimes he brought money home, and sometimes I had to catch him to get some money. He smoked up 800.00 in 1 night. We had to pay rent, but I always worked and was a big enabler. He knew if he didn't do what was right I would. He was very manipulative, told lies constanly, I knew he was lying but wanted to believe him. Finally I told him he had to go but I guess at the same time God told him he had to stop.He entered a treatment program that was 7 months in house and 6 months aftercare. We are still together which he thanks God each and every day for. But you know when he was in treatment and I wanted him to come home, I had the nerve to be pissed off because he was learning how to take care of himself, hhe told me first you have to want to give up drugs. Then you have to love yourself, fix yourself if not you can never be any good to any one else. Some of my family members were upset that I held on to my husband, but it worked out okay for me. Whatever you do remember "those that matter don't judge, those that judge did't matter anyway. Pray, God gives you strenght far greater than you can imagine. God Bless You