Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Thanks for the update Katie. The meeting that you went to doesn't sound like anything I would want to go to.
No. My therapist was looking through the AA brochure yesterday and found another meeting for me at noon. I told her I'd go. I guess one CAN reach the point of no return with regards to AA and I've reached that point. Someone in a thread said it was insane to keep repeating the same thing over expecting different results. Well, thats' what I've been doing with AA for over three decades. Aside from those two people who I thought were real and not saying what I've heard in so many AA meetings, I only heard two other people talk about present day circumstances as it relates to acceptance. The others talked about the past. I don't care about the past. What I want to hear is how great your life is, WITH SPECIFICS, today as a result of attending AA.

I went to an AA meeting in another town. This woman kept saying we wouldn't believe how great her life was now that she found AA. I kept thinking, please tell us! but she didn't give one reason why or how her life was so much better.