View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

I guess I fit right in... I'm on mental health disability (for the first time ever). I've always been able to keep a part time job or two to get by, even with my OCD and substance use. Last summer, my gf and I, in an attempt to move to a larger city (Spokane) where we both have family and would have more opportunity, ended up 35 miles out, in a very small town, after our original plans fell through. My gf had a job lined up in our little town before we moved and I was hoping to find one when we got here. I took me 3 months to land one and then I quit after a month, because it clearly was not going to work out. Shortly after that, I starting seeing a counselor, quit drinking and smoking pot, went back on meds, and filed for disablility. After a lengthy psych eval, where I had an emotional breakdown and almost got myself committed, I was awarded temporary disability. It's not much, but atleast I can contribute something towards our monthly expenses. Of course, I'm supposed to be the homemaker too, which I suck at. So, here I am, almost 40, slacking worse than when I was using...